Chapter 46 from Rules for Writers by Diana Hacker, which was about "Writing about Texts" talked about different ways on how to analyze a text. Annotate is one helpful way to take notes for the text that you are reading. It also states that underlining, marking points, or circling elements can be very helpful. It also gave you examples on how to analyze text for written and visual texts. It also talked about active reading and it guidelines on how to do it better. One important thing it talked about summaries and how to write them. It stated to mention the tittle of the text, the name of the author and the authors visual central point. Also maintain a neutral tone, use the third person view, keep focus on the text, keep summary in your own words, and use quotations if necessary. She also states that we should understand the different types of texts that are giving to us.
I plan to use this information very well because it is very helpful to make notes or highlight when an assignment is given to you. Also I think it is a great idea to write down what we think while we read a text. Also the information that was giving regarding on how to create a summary was very helpful and I mark down this page so when I have to do an assignment I will have it for a reference. I will have to do a lot of reading in my biology 10 class and I will sure use what I'm learning in English class.
No comments:
Post a Comment