Thursday, November 18, 2010

All I Asking For Is My Body, Part I, Dialogue

Who is Makot?  Do you feel sorry for him?  What are your thoughts about him and the way he copes with his parents?

         Makot is a Japanese boy that has trouble making friends with boys his age, so he makes friends with younger boys then himself. His parents have a lot of money and it seems that his parents give him money whenever he wants it. Makot he tends to buy his friends by offering them food or buying them things and even taking them to the movies. Makot hangs out with three younger boys Kiyoshi, Mitsunobu, and Nobuyuki which he buys there friendship, well that's what it seems like. He seems very controlling because when he can't get his way he will pout till he gets his way.In a way I do feel sorry for him because he is always by himself at home or he is out and about on the streets. His parents don't seem like they are around very often and the only way he knows how to get attention is to bribe the younger kids since kids his age don't like him. 
         Makot copes with his parents by not being around and not taking his friends around is parents. He always has his friends over when the parents aren't around, I believe he is embarrassed by them since other people know whats going on with them, which seems like it could be a bad thing the parents are involved in. I believe that Makot is coping with his parents the best way that he can. I can't wait to continue the reading and find out more about him and his parents.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maura,

    What do you think about Makot's actions? Is he "buying friendship" in the same way his parents buy his love? What do you think about the way he attempts to control the other kids?

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maura,
    I agree, I think Makot buys friendship from Kiyoshi and the others. I think the best way to make a better relationship with others is to socialize and be involved in each others lives but not feelings like you have to buy something to be their friend. Since Makot has the background that he has, he feels he has to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maura,
    It must be hard for Makot to cope with his parents and what everyone says about them. He is still a young kid so it must be very difficult for him. He uses money as a way to get people to do what he wants and that definitely is not the way to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maura,
    Great response. If you really think about it, now it makes sense why Kyo cant hang around Makot, because his parents, bascially everyone knows that there parents are in the prostituiton industry. Wow. I wonder if he uses the money to make the younger kids like him.
    Myra A.

    ReplyDelete