Are you more impressed with the film or the story? Why?
I'm more impressed with the movie instead of the story it just gave the movie more of a realistic view then the story. I really didn't like how in the story Thomas and Victor weren't friends or even talked to each other they were just strangers. They made Thomas seem really old and sounded like he didn't take care of his appearance very well. In the story he was missing is teeth and in the movie he wasn't he was a young student just a little different then others but there is nothing wrong with being different.
The movie was great but if maybe if I would have read the story first it would have been better then the movie. I know that there are a lot of very good books out there and then they make a movie from it and the book will always bee better then the movie. Also, in the story Victor and Thomas weren't very close they did grow up as children but everyone one thought Thomas was weird and no one would hang out with him not even Victor, I didn't like that at all. The movie was very enjoyable and great.
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteYou raise a good point about it possibly being better to view the movie after reading the text.
When I was a student, the text was usually privileged and as a result students were asked to read first and then view the film. I think this makes students want to skip the reading altogether and instead to straight to the movie.
In our case, I'm trying the film first since the story is so short and since it really forces us to read since they're so different.
I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about the order.
Lauren
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteI also thought about that maybe if i read the story first I would feel differently about the movie. I usually enjoy the books better than the movies based on them but in this case the movie was better. The seeing the characters and the scenes just made the story come alive.
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, i enjoyed the movie better than the book. I thought it was just me but they made Thomas seem like a complete werido in the book. I enjoyed reading your respone i think you did a wonderful job.
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteI also considered if it would've been better to read the short story before viewing the film. I came to the conclusion that if I first read the story that I probably wouldn't have even been interested in watching the film. The story was lacking so much of the detail that made the film so good, it was disappointing. Thanks for the post.