Thursday, August 19, 2010

Introduction!

Hello Everyone,

I have lived in Santa Rosa all my life, I am 24years old, but hope to travel a lot hopefully in a few years.I am attending this class because I need it to get into English 1A. I am attending the SRJC because I want to become a Nurse(RN). I have been attending the SRJC for a few semesters all ready, which is very hard because I have a full time job as an Medical Assistant and also have a 7 year old boy at home. I hope to learn a lot from this class so it can better my English skills. I also hope one day to own my own restaurant so I will be starting to take some business classes next semester. I am a fast learner and more of a hands on learner.  Most of the time I like to do my work ahead of time, but sometimes it is impossible to do, but I manage the situation.
I hope we all do great in this class, I have been taking a lot of online classes and they are the best with out them it would be so much harder for me to attend college. I hope we all have a great fall and everyone enjoy the class. I am very excited to read the book that we have for the class.
Thank You,
Maura

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maura,

    Welcome to our class! I agree that online learning makes it much easier for people to attend college, especially when they have to work. I love that you want to be both a RN and a restaurant owner; they seem very different, but both must be connected to your passions.

    Looking forward to working with you.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maura,
    I have been taking online classes at the JC for over a year now and I definitely would not be back in college without them! I'm so thankful for the flexibility they provide.
    :)
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maura,
    Taking this class online will hopefully help you get work done early! I like to do that too. Getting a job in the medical field is a very great job these days and will probably have a promising future!
    Good luck
    Tyler Rosales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Maura,
    Thanks for the comment. It sounds like you have alot on your plate too, I dont know about you but I like staying busy. I admire your work ethic and your dream to own your own business.
    You should always persue your dreams. That's living life to the fullest!
    Johnson Au

    ReplyDelete