In the Purdue's Online Writing Lab in the section about Writing about Literature it talks about how to make a thesis especially if you are writing an argument paper and also how to setup an essay. You must have evidence for your thesis if not go searching for it to have a good argument. It also talks about what topics are good ones to pick from. For example, a discussion of a workers character, a reading of an outside philosophical perspective, but the best topics are the ones that come from your own readings of literature. If you need help the best things is to start some research and you can start by going to the library or go on the Internet. For this kind of essay your thoughts should make up your most of your essay this is by what you found from the information you looked for. Formatting the essay is a very important step to do and most papers should use the MLA format an the Cited list should be the last page of your essay. Things that you should remember don't leave quotes or paraphrases by them self you must introduce it, explain it and show how it relates to your thesis. However, for more help you can go online or research at the library about the MLA format.
I plan to use the information that I just learned by trying to use it on my on essays and try to find more information if I need to. I always have a hard time starting a thesis and maybe I should start my paragraphs first then go back to the thesis last and get it from the body of the essay. I do know that formatting is very important for the essay and i need to start using the MLA format unless I've been told different from the instructor. I also need to put more supportive information in to my essays to support my thesis if I write the thesis first. I did learn a lot from this information from the Purdue's Online Writing Lab.
No comments:
Post a Comment