Sunday, October 17, 2010

Extra Credit-Writing About Fiction

The online reading from the writing lab talked about how to write an essay on a fiction story. It first starts with how to closely read a text. You have to read very carefully the text that you are reading make sure you pay close attention. After you have read the reading closely you can start making your notes which are very important to do. You need to either highlight whats important or make notes in the margins or even do both, but do not let the highlighter take over you and highlight the whole reading. There are somethings that you must avoid doing and they are don't recall what happens in detail it's not the intended goal, an also the paper shouldn't state the answer but it should explore an idea or explain your own ideas. After you have read the story you must look over your notes so you can come up with some questions and answer them. To write your thesis all you have to do is put the answer from the question in to a sentence. When you have done this you are ready to put your evidence together. Once you have all the information it's time to draft your essay and you should use this steps: free write take like 5 to 10 minutes and just write about the story with out looking at the story. Then review and if necessary do some researcher then evaluate the information you have written down. Other things are to include quotes or paraphrasing from the book. Also you need to summarize which is taking a large portion of your work and shorten it in a few sentences.

After reading this techniques I will be using them in the future in my own personal work. I need to gather all my information before I actually start writing my essay. It is very helpful to read all the information from this online lab and now I can go back and look at it if I need help. I really enjoy learning new things and learning about how to get information about a fiction reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment