The best New Year’s Eve I ever had was when I went to Disneyland and thats why i chosed this image. I always wanted to go to Disneyland since I was a little girl, but my parents couldn’t afford to take me, my brother’s and my sister. My experience at Disneyland was truly magical especially due to the fact that I was with my love ones. It all started when my boyfriend, Salvador asked me to go. I was very happy and excited and even more joyful because my six year old son and my younger sister were also coming with us.
We had plan this vacation a few weeks ahead and when the day finally come we were packed and ready to roll. We left early morning, so we wouldn’t encounter much traffic. It was very nice to see the scenery, I always wanted to travel and explore new places. Finally, after several hours on the road we arrived at our destination and it was a beautiful day . Shortly after, we found our hotel and relaxed in our rooms for the first day.
The next day we got up bright and early and headed off to Disneyland around 7:30am. We were told to be there as early as possible since it was New Year’s Eve and it would get very crowded. We wanted to be on the safe side incase the park reached its capacity limit. Our hotel was about a block away from Disneyland and the whole walk there we were so excited and couldn’t stop talking about it.
Once we got into the park it was so exciting and I was overwhelmed with joy. The first thing I saw and will always remember was an enormous Christmas tree and beside it was Mickey Mouse cheerfully greeting people. Immediately we began to see many of the attractions and getting on as many rides as we could. One ride that I specifically enjoyed and remember was a pirate ship that took us around a lake. My son was extremely excited to get on the ship and loved all the special affects. To see my son’s face filled with so much delight, is a precious moment that I will always hold in my heart.
Midnight was fast approaching and we were all very exhausted. The plan was to stay until twelve o’clock to see the fireworks. We found a nice little spot to sit on the lawn where we would be able to enjoy the show. The fireworks of course were very amazing and to be able to share that moment with the people I love was even more incredible. The display of fireworks was very bright and colorful and to see them illuminate the famous Disneyland castle blew my mind away.
It was a very exhausting trip, but a once in a life time experience which made everything worth it. This is why I think this image of Disneyland is very special to me and very magical. I always remember Disneyland and truly hope to visit it once again.
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteI’ve also always wanted to go to Disneyland but my family is quite large and a trip like is somewhat out of reach, I still hope that someday I would be able to take my parents and little brothers. I’m glad you got to live the experienced.
I don’t really find anything to change on your essay I like how you talk about your son’s excitement, and how you mention some of the attractions of the park that you enjoyed; probably just adding a little bit of your sister’s experience would be good, too.
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeleteReading your essay makes me want to go to Disneyland! I've never been and I've have always wanted to go too. I like how you explain your essay from the beginning and take us on your journey. Good job!
Hi Maura,
ReplyDeletei enjoyed reading your essay and felt that it flowed well from paragraph to paragraph. and also the content stayed on point which was good. also i know what you mean when talking about experiencing this with loved ones it only makes it that much sweeter. one pointer for your essay would be to go back over the essay and make sure that the sentences say what you want them to say.
Thanks, Cody S.